Monday, August 3, 2009

Girls Camp 2009

So I got to go to Girls Camp this year, first time since I was in young women's myself. We went to Camp Cumorah which is about 15 miles past the Bone Store and only about 40 minutes from my house. The camp was awesome, electricity and water in the tent only sites that also had tables, and bences around the fire rings. We had beautiful bathrooms with indivual toilet and shower rooms and plenty of hot water. Newly built last year, the girls and leaders were spoiled to camp there. Our ward is small, we had 12 girls at camp but it was a fun experience.

Here are the great group of ladies I get to work with in our 39th Ward Young Women's Program.
Arlene Nef is the President, Beth Campbell first Counselor, I am 2nd, Heather Bradshaw works with me in beehives, Jenny Peterson with Laurels, and Tracey Morgan was our terrific camp director. Stephanie Reed wasn't there but works with the Mia Maids.
The second day of camp we went on a 6 mile hike. Dad was there as priesthood for his ward and we hiked a fair portion of the hike with him. Here he is with Amanda. In spite of Dad's recovering knee and mine too, we both made it through the hike faster than most of the group and neither of us had much to complain about. :)

Kerry and the kids had fun while we were gone. They got to go to Downata to swim and also went boating. They may want me gone again next year so they can get their Dad alone for more fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment