Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tiger Ears


If you grew up in SE Idaho then you have probably been to the fair in Blackfoot. If you have been to that fair then you know about the Tiger Ears. The line is always long but the thin crispy Tiger Ears dripping with cinnamon sugar or honey butter sure are yummy!

Below is the recipe for SE Idaho Tiger Ears that I found on the internet. I use it every week to make the scones for our "Steele Soup and Scone Sunday". I have had several requests for the recipe so hear it is. I make 1/2 of the scone batch for my family, the 1/2 batch makes about 20-24 scones.

TIGER EARS

In mixing bowl:

Dissolve 3 cups warm water, 2 Tbs dry yeast, 1 Tbs. sugar and let sit 5 minutes.

Add: 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp salt, 1/3 cup oil, 7 (approx.) cups flour, knead 5 min.

Let raise approx 2 hours.

Pull off ball of dough and roll in a bit of flour, then flatten thin and cook in oil til golden. Extra dough can be made into rolls and baked.

1 comment:

  1. Please would you change the color of the font so that it shows up. I really struggle reading it against this background and I love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete